17 November 2021 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Waurn Ponds Library
230 Pioneer Rd, Grovedale, VIC 3216
(03) 4201 0670
ROMANCE WRITING (PLAIN & STEAMY)
THREE WORKSHOPS | Wednesday 18 August, 17 & 24 November | 1:30 – 4:00 pm
Waurn Ponds Library, 230 Pioneer Rd, Grovedale.
Ted’s aims as your tutor …
- to provide an introduction to the genre
- to stimulate and sharpen your critical faculties
- to stimulate and challenge you to write intensively
- to provide you with detailed and explicit feedback
- to publish one of your short stories
Tea, Coffee & Küchen
Bring biros, paper &/or laptop
#1 WEDS. 18 AUGUST 1:30 – 4:00 pm.
- A Brief History of ROMANCE as a genre
- The Big Three & Varieties of Romantic Novels
- Starters & further reading
- The Market
- 1st. Assignment [500 words with feedback]
#2 WEDS. 17 NOVEMBER 1:30 – 4:00 pm.
- Getting into the Nitty Gritty
- Who? Whom?
- When the page is blank
- Plotting the story, opening & closing sentences
- 2nd. Assignment [3000 words with feedback]
#3 WEDS. 24 NOVEMBER 1:30 – 4:00 pm.
- Goal Setting
- Discussion & report on set topics
- Eros, Passion, Love & Erotica
- 3rd. Assignment [5000+ words with feedback]
Ted Reilly, a retired VCE English / Literature teacher, and sessional tutor at Victoria Uni. His post-graduate studies in Literature were focused on Irish Poetry and the processes of creative writing. He is a founding member of Geelong Writers Inc., and published the literary journal Azuria 2010 – 2019 for GW. His poetry has been published in journals here and overseas, and with Robert Drummond and Grant Fraser published Three Poets (2019 GW).
COST: Geelong Writers Paid Members, $45, Others, $60.